An easy way to report and track youth advancment.
Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use Internet Advancement for the following:
Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
Update information on exisiting advancements (except the Eagle Scout Rank)
To Use Internet Advancement:
- Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Obtain a unit ID code from the council. Unit ID codes can be requested online by the Unit Leader or Committee Chair or you can contact any of our three council service centers. Request your access code here.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement recods with dates.
- Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit to the council. Save a copy for your files.
There are three important things to remember when useing internet advancement to avoid having access issues.
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Turn off all Popup Blockers.
- Make the Internet Advacement site a trusted site in your computer by following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer. From the main menu, click Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab. On the Security screen, click Trusted Sites.
- On the Trusted Sites screen, click Sites...
- In the text box, enter https://scoutnet.scouting.org/iadv/UI/home/default.aspx. Click Add.
- Click OK to exit the Sites... screen. Click OK to close Internet Options.