What is the Voice of the Scout?
- Comprehensive Scout, Parent, Volunteer and Charter Org feedback program.
- System to continuously assess how well we are delivering the Scouting experience over time
- Insight for change comes from the end user
- A Journey to Excellence criteria
- It's your chance to offer suggestions directly to the national organization and to our local council on how to improve the Scouting program.
Who is Voice of the Scout?
- Boy Scout and Cub Scout Parents
- Boy Scouts, Venturers and Cub Scouts (via parents)
- Youth-facing & Council/District Volunteers
- Charter Organizations
Q: How ofter will I receive a request to complete a survey?
A: Surveys will be sent out twice a year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. One week after the initial email is sent, a reminder notice will be sent out.
Q: Can we collect survey information on paper?
A: The Voice of the Scout system is dependent on coding in order to display the information on the VOS dashboard. With a database of over 3 million members, this would overtax our resources. As it is unfeasible and a source of potential data contamination, no manual way to enter in paper surveys has been developed.