Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience (COPE) is an exciting outdoor program that strives to develop teamwork, communication, trust, self-esteem, problem solving, decision making and fun in a group setting. This is the perfect opportunity to get youth leaders together and develop great troop teamwork.
Our course includes low course challenges and high course experiences for all participants. Initiative games and a zip line round out the experience. Participants climb, swing, balance, jump, rappel and think of solutions to a variety of activities. Most participants do much more than they thought they were capable of doing. Unit leaders are encouraged to participate.
Project COPE is an activity that attracts and holds the interest of older boys in Scouting. It is perfect for Venturing crews and Explorer posts. It offers a set of stimulating activities designed to meet the needs of today's younger people seeking greater challenges to their physical and mental abilities. The underlying goals of a project COPE course are consistent with the methods of Scouting. Group activities help promote personal growth. Other Scouting methods are incorporated into the program. COPE provides an opportunity for every participant to achieve success as an individual member of their patrol or team
C.O.P.E Course Options and Cost
- 1 day course; typically Saturday
- $40 per participant (youth & adults)
- Course runs from 8:30am to 5:00pm
- 2 day course; typically Saturday/Sunday
- $55 per participant (youth & adults)
- Course runs from 8:30am to 5:00pm Saturday/ 9:00am to 3:00pm Sunday
- Sessions are normally available on weekends from June through September *weather permitting
- Programs may be conducted at other times with reservations made in advance depending on availability of C.O.P.E facilitators.
Registration and Participation
Our C.O.P.E program is open o Boy Scouts, Venture, and Varsity Scouts age 13 and older.
Units are responsible for:
- Providing a roster of all participants prior to course arrival
- Obtaining medical forms for each participant and adult participating
- 2 Adults must attend, one of whom must be over the age of 21
- Providing their own lunch and any overnight accomodations. We do not provide food or lodging
- Camping may be available at Cowles Scout Reservation; contact the Spokane Service Center for details at (509) 325-4562