On this page:
Although we've tested in all major browsers, we recommend Chrome. If you're having trouble with online event registraion, please make sure you have Adobe Flash enabled in your browser. The easiest way is to use Chrome, which has Flash and automatically updates it. If you wante to use another browser and to install Flash, click here.
Our neighbors at the Cascade Pacific Council have posted a number of screencasts and answers to commonly asked tech support questions on their knowledge base, such as these examples:
One of our most frequent questions is related to usernames and passwords. There are several different websites and systems in Scouting that require passwords - and the systems are not linked, so you'll need to know your credentials for each system that you wish to utilize. Here is a summary of those systems:
Event and summer camp reservations (this website)
- This website (the one you're viewing now) is the place to make event and summer camp reservations. Please see the FAQ's below for more details, including how to set up an account. If you've lost your username or password, please click 'login' and use the 'forgot password' tool. If you continue to have difficulties, please visit our passwords page for more details.
As this new website was developed, a unit account was created for each unit in the Inland Northwest Council
as of October 2016. There is no need to create a new unit account.
This information was sent to each unit committee chair in October. If you need it re-sent, please click here
- Our previous event registration system and website was 'Doubleknot'. All event and camp reservations are now handled directly in our website through Tentaroo; we no longer use Doubleknot.
Internet Advancement (BSA National)
- The national BSA organization manages the internet advancement system. Please click here for more details, including how to get an account to use the system. If you've forgotten your username or password, please click 'returning user' and use the 'forgot password' tool on the internet advancement login page. If you still have issues, please contact the national technical help desk at (972) 580-2489.
Training courses, including Youth Protection (BSA National)
- The national BSA organization manages the my.scouting.org website, where all online training is available. If you've forgotten your username or password, please use the 'forgot username' or 'forgot password' tools on the my.scouting.org login page. If you still have issues, please contact the national technical help desk at (972) 580-2489.
Online Charter Renewal (BSA National)
- The national BSA organization manages the online charter renewal website. Please click here for more details related to charter renewal. If you've forgotten your username or password, please click 'returning user' and use the 'forgot password' tool on the online charter renewal system login page. If you still have issues, please contact the national technical help desk at (972) 580-2489.
The summaries above should point you in the right direction if you've lost your username or password, but if you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket for assistance.
Q: How do I log in to take Youth Protection training?
A: Online training courses can be found at the Online Training center at www.my.scouting.org
. That site is managed by the National Council, and is not directly connected to the website you are viewing now. You will need your my.scouting.org username and password - which is not the same as you would use on the website you are viewing now. If you are not yet a member, but need to take Youth Protection in order to register as an adult leader, you can take complete the course without a member number.
Q: How do I access Internet Advancement?
A: We have dedicated an Internet Advancement page
for your advancement questions. For future reference, this page can be found by clicking the Resources menu, then Awards & Recognition, and then selecting Internet Advancement in the right-hand menu on that page.
Q: I'm looking for summer camp forms and documents; where are they?
A: We've organized documents so that they appear directly on the page related to that activity. For example, all Camp Easton documents can be found at the bottom of the Camp Easton page
. Similarly, medical forms
and insurance forms
can be found on their respective information pages. There is also a one-stop page for all camp downloads
due to the popularity of those forms and documents. If you discover that we've missed a needed document, please let us know
Q: Do I need to log into this website every time I visit?
A: You do not need to log in for every visit. You only need to log in when you wish to reserve space at an event managed by our new integrated reservation system. See the two questions below for further clarification.
Q: How do I get a user account?
A: There are two types of accounts: Unit Accounts
and Individual Accounts
Unit Accounts are used when the unit (pack, troop, etc) registers for a unit activity such as summer camp, camporee, etc., where the unit attends as a group.
We have created a Unit Account for every unit in the Inland Northwest Council, so there is no need to create a new unit account. If you need your unit account details, please visit our password page
Inviduals can create their own Individual Account.
These are used to register for individual-registration events such as University of Scouting and other events where an individual or family registers for an event outside of a unit reservation
When creating your Individual Account, it is recommended that you use your primary email address or a memorable user name, and that you use it every time you log in so that you are not creating multiple accounts. Your single account will retain all of your reservation and payment history for your events.
Q: When I log in, not much changes. Why?
A: Whether or not you log in, the website itself is the same and all pages display the same information. You'll only need to log-in when you would like to register for an event that is using our new reservation system.
Q: I forgot my password. How do I recover it?
A: Select 'LOGIN' and 'Forgot Password' on the drop-down in the top-right corner of the website. Enter your email address in the 'Forgot Password' section, and the system will send you an email. Once you successfully log-in, please change your password. If you need additional help, please visit our password help page
Did you find a mistake? Please let us know: website feedback form
We'd like to hear about issues that you find so that we can fix them. Here are a few that we're already award of and working on improving:
- Some district contact names are out of date or blank. These are being reviewed by each district, and updated.
- Some calendar items don't have much detail in the pop-up box. These are being visited and updated as part of our review process.
- We are working on a few remaining blank or incomplete pages.