Sheepshank Golf Tournament
About the Course
Rock Creek is undeniably gorgeous, yet its beauty is far more than skin deep. The wizardry of Tom Weiskopf makes this one of those rare golf courses that succeeds in satisfying every level of player, from the highly skilled to middle and higher handicappers. A round at Rock Creek will test every club in your bag, the mark of a great course, and you can play over and over again and never tire of it – another mark of a great course.
In the spirit of true links-style golf, every green gives you the option of landing your approach shot short and bouncing or rolling the ball onto the putting surface. And though the course lies within a densely forested area close by the lake, there’s plenty of room to play, with numerous wide fairways with generous landing areas and large, inviting greens.
Now, about the beauty. The course is a knockout, plain and simple. Spring heralds the arrival of broad swathes of perennial wildflowers including Buttercup, Trillium, Shooting Star, Dogtooth Violet and Yellowbell; with summer arrives armies of Syringa, Honeysuckle, Sego Lilly, Queens Cup and Pink Pyrola. Each and all spectacularly complement the deep green turf of the rolling fairways and brilliant white of the bunker sand. And of course there are lake views aplenty. But look, words and pictures don’t do Rock Creek justice. Come and play it and you’ll find out how special it really is.
- Format: Shamble-each player will tee off on each hole, within your group select the best tee shot, from that spot everyone plays their own ball. Each player will record a score on each hole. If you hit the ball more than 9 times please pick up your ball and proceed to the next tee.
- Rules: USGA rules will govern play. Pace of play should not exceed 4 hours and 30 minutes. Out of bounds is defined by any property lines or fences, as well as any of the maintained yards on holes #1 & #18. Everyone will receive 80% of their adjusted course handicap as recommended by the USGA.
- Tees: Men will tee off at the III tee, Ladies will tee off at the IV/V combo tees.
Schedule of Events:
- $900 per individual
- $3,600 per team of four
- $5,000 sponsorship *including team of four
- $10,000 title sponsor *including two teams of four