National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops, Crews, Teams, and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
NYLT Timberwolf courses, North and South, incorporate the latest leadership ideas and presents fresh, vital and meaningful training for today's Scouts presented by youth- to youth. INWC offers two course dates and times to encourage all eligible Council youth to attend.
The NYLT course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, KNOW, and DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO. The skills come alive during the week as the patrol goes on a Quest for the Meaning of Leadership. The course is for all Scouts in Troops, Crews and Teams; male and female.
The six day content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Interconnecting concepts and work processes are introduced early, built upon, and aided by the use of memory aids, which allows participants to understand and employ the leadership skills much faster.
2 Courses in 2017!
2017 Staff Interviews
Date: Saturday, November 19, 2016
- Spokane Service Center; 411 W Boy Scout Way, Spokane, WA 99201
- Crosspoint Alliance Church; 1330 Powers Ave, Lewiston, ID 83501
Time: 10:30 at both locations
Requirements to Participate
1. Rank: First Class Rank or above by the start of the conference and be a living example of the Scout Oath and Law.
2. Leadership: Hold, or be eligible for election to a responsible unit level leadership position such as Senior Patrol Leader, Asst. Senior Patrol Leader, Troop Guide or Junior Assistant Scoutmaster.
3. Camping and Cooking Experience: Have at least 15 days and nights of Scout Camping experience, including at least one long-term camp within the last two years.
4. Age: Must be 13 years of age by the start of the course and has not yet turned 18 years old. Please note:Venturers must be at least 14 years of age by the start of the course and has not yet turned 21 years old.
|A Special Place||Download|
|Capstone Project 2016-2017||Download|
|Code of Conduct||Download|
|Special Needs Form||Download|
|NYLT Scout Master North Course||Jason Burgess||(208) 305-4088|
|NYLT Scout Master South Course||Jasper Wallen||(208) 301-7775|
|NYLT Senior Patrol Leader North Course||Jackson Richards||(509) 703-3070|
|NYLT Senior Patrol Leader South Course||Eli Moser||(208) 790-7377|