What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is Scouting's most advanced training course, focusing on Leadership, Personal and Team Development. Inspired by Robert Baden-Powell, Wood Badge has provided the ultimate training for thousands of leaders around the world.
Who should attend Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is intended for all leadership positions, both volunteer and professional, across all of Scouting's programs.
- Cub Scout
- Boy Scout
- Sea Scouts
- Council and District positions
How will You benefit?
- Understand, then apply, key Communication, Planning, Leadership, and Team Development skills to create High Performance Teams and develop other team members & leaders. Realize these same benefits in all of your personal, professional & volunteer endeavors.
- Make a positive difference in the quality of your Scouting program and the impact that Scouting has on the lives of its members.
- Be better prepared to give our youth the opportunity to live Scouting’s values and to become better citizens!
When & Where
- Course #W1-611-17: May 19-21 AND June 2-5 at Cowles Scout Reservation
- The course fee is $275 (before March 17, 2017) / $295 (after March 17, 2017).
- All food, instructional material and recognition items are included in the fee.
- Each course is limited to 56 participants
- Be registered as an adult leader in the BSA.
- Complete the training course specific for your Scouting position including Youth Protection Training.
- Provide the Annual Health & Medical Record Parts A,B, and C valid through the final day of the 2017 course session.
- Bring to the course an eagerness to learn and willingness to have a lot of fun.